Insured against the rain: how government supports farming in Georgia

Since 2014, there is an insurance program for farmers who grow citrus fruits: tangerines, lemons, oranges and other crops in Georgia, writes “Agro-Center”.

The citrus insurance program has been working successfully for four years in Georgia. Until November 5th farmers can apply to insurance companies and protect their crops from hails, floods, storms, and autumn frosts.

“We have engaged the experts from our municipalities. We also maintain contact with local government officials and distribute information on the course of the insurance program throughout the citrus zone,”

said the First Deputy Minister of Agriculture of Adjara Mamuka Turmanidze.

At the moment, about 300 farmers decided to insure their harvest. Both natural and legal persons who own a land plot for agricultural purposes with an area of ​​no more than 5 hectares can participate in the agri-insurance project.

70% of the cost of the insurance policy is covered by the state, and the remaining 30% must be paid by a farmer.

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: