Two-Year-Old Girl Nearly Died After Eating a Vegan Burger

Symptoms the child experienced after eating a vegan burger reminded those of an allergic reaction to nuts. The results of the tests showed that it was pea protein, a concentrated mixture of proteins derived from yellow peas, that caused an allergic reaction, writes “Agro-Center”.

Pea protein is often added to vegetarian foods. Vegetarian/vegan stuffing is also often made from this product.

It should be noted that in people who are allergic, pea protein can cause the same reaction as nuts.

Unfortunately, manufacturers do not always indicate on the packaging that their products contain pea protein.

Based on the article by

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: